Tuesday 20 December 2011

On root vegetables and weather.

When I feel bland I often say that I feel like a parsnip. By this I mean an uncooked parsnip. I've never actually eaten one raw, but I like to think they'd taste as dull as their beige colouring might suggest. When I feel like a parsnip, I dislike leaving the house and would rather stay buried beneath my duvet reading or watching a movie rather than going out to have fun with friends.
Lately, I've been feeling like a parsnip quite often, a few of my good friends at school are leaving in the new year to spend the semester abroad, the days are getting shorter and the days upon days of overcast skies are all really getting to me. While I'm not incredibly sad, I feel bored, uninspired and dull.
I think a lot of this does have to do with the season. It's supposed to be winter here, but we still haven't had any snow. I'm surrounded by this gross grey landscape, void of any colour with incredibly rare bursts of sunshine. While I'm not a huge fan of four foot snowbanks and you'll never find me clamouring for any, it might just be an improvement on this depressing wasteland that has taken over in the interim.
Maybe I should just go ahead and take some vitamin D.




-Bets

No comments:

Post a Comment