Sunday 5 February 2012

Done with the Doldrums

This winter has been 100% discombobulating to a kid like me, who enjoys climatic consistency. I never bother to check the weather during winter since it's guaranteed to be frigid each day, but these last few months have shattered my delusions of what winter is. I think in total there's been about 2 weeks of snow. It just keeps snowing and melting and snowing again. Right now we're in the throes of an unseasonably warm melted period. Today when I woke up, the sun was shining in merrily through my window, the sky was blue and the outside world looked entirely enticing. My roommate and I were lured outside by the inviting outside world, we hopped on our bikes (I hadn't really thought of riding my bike before this weekend. It's February. February does not equate leisure cycling in my world) and went down to the river for an adventure. There's no better feeling than a sunny day after a few grey, gloomy months.




-Bets

No comments:

Post a Comment